Hands-on - 15 min. Serves 4.
|extra-lean ground turkey breast||1/2 lb.|
|onion, chopped (optional)||1 small|
|green bell pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)||1|
|Zippy Zonya Mexi Mix*||1 tsp|
|no-salt-added pinto or black beans, drained and rinsed||1 can (15 oz)|
|bite-size baked tortilla chips||60 (about 8 oz)|
|reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese||1 cup|
|salsa of your choice||1/4 cup|
|light sour cream or nonfat plain yogurt||1/4 cup|
- Turn broiler on and keep oven door ajar.
- Adjust oven rack to 6" from heating element.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat.
- Sauté meat, onion, bell pepper and Mexi Mix until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are soft.
- Add beans and sauté 1 minute.
- Spread tortilla chips out over an ungreased nonstick baking sheet.
- Layer bean mixture over chips
- Sprinkle cheese on top of bean mixture.
- Broil 4 to 6 minutes, or until cheese melts and browns slightly.
- Serve salsa and sour cream on the side for dipping.
|For 1/4 of recipe|
|Calories from Fat||17%|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||44 g|