Specially designed for the dietary management of toddlers with severe cow's milk protein allergy and multiple food allergies. PurAmino Toddler may also be suitable for conditions requiring an elemental diet, which may include malabsorption, eosinophilic esophagitis or short bowel syndrome.
- Hypoallergenic, 100% amino acid-based, iron-fortified formula, suitable for someone with lactose intolerance
- Excellent nutrition for toddlers with severe allergies, has calcium and protein for growing toddlers
- Has DHA—an important nutrient to support brain and eye development
PurAmino Toddler can be used for toddlers 1 year and up. It has brain-nourishing DHA and helps eliminate dietary allergens.
By age 3, the brain has grown to 85% of its adult size.1 DHA, an important nutrient that helps support brain development, also accumulates rapidly during the first years of life.2
It may be challenging to have a balanced diet in toddlers, and this may be especially challenging in those with severe or multiple food allergies who are on elimination diets. In children with severe CMA or multiple food allergies, it may be challenging to get long chain omega-3 fatty acids such as DHA due to elimination diets.3
When severe allergies persist beyond infancy, trust PurAmino to help eliminate allergens.
Insurance companies are not required to cover medical foods/exempt infant formulas, but some do. Contact your insurance company directly to see if reimbursement is available. Click on Request Letter to download a letter you can take to your baby’s doctor. This letter establishes a medical need for the product and might help in getting your insurance company to reimburse for the product.
CMA = cow's milk allergy
1. Dobbing J, Sands J. Arch Dis Child. 1973;48:757-767.
2. Martinez M. J Pediatr. 1992;120(suppl):S129-S138.
3. Aldámiz-Echevarría L et al. Acta Paediatr. 2008;97(11):1572-1576.