A hypoallergenic formula proven to manage colic due to cow's milk protein allergy fast, often within 48 hours*.
If your baby has an allergy to the cow's milk protein in infant formula, Nutramigen has hypoallergenic proteins that are easy to digest and so small the body does not recognize them as a potential allergen.
- Manages colic† fast, often within 48 hours*.
- Nutritionally complete, so infants can do what they do best—growing, laughing, exploring, and thriving.
- Has DHA and ARA, nutrients also found in breast milk that promote brain and eye development.
*Studied before the addition of DHA and ARA.
†Due to cow's milk protein allergy.
- Formula Calculator
- Available Sizes
A hypoallergenic infant formula proven to manage colic* fast, often within 48 hours†.
Nutramigen is recommended by more pediatricians than any other hypoallergenic infant formula to manage infants with cow's milk protein allergy.
- Clinically proven to effectively manage colic*, often within 48 hours†
- Hypoallergenic infant formula
- Nutritionally balanced
- Includes LIPIL, our blend of DHA and ARA to support baby's brain and eye development
Nutramigen has not been proven to be superior to Similac® Alimentum® in supporting infant growth and development.
Ask your baby's doctor if Nutramigen is right for your baby.
If your child has a severe cow's milk protein allergy or multiple protein allergies, find out more about amino acid-based PurAmino™.
Insurance companies are not required to cover medical foods, but some do. Contact your insurance company directly to see if reimbursement is available. Click on Request Letter to download a letter you can take to your baby's doctor. This letter establishes a medical need for the product and might help in getting your insurance company to reimburse for the product.
*Due to cow's milk protein allergy
†Studied before the addition of DHA and ARA.
‡Average level of DHA in worldwide breast milk is 0.32% +/- 0.22% (mean +/- standard deviation of total fatty acids) based on an analysis of 65 studies of 2,474 women.
§Similac® and Alimentum® are trademarks of an entity unrelated to Mead Johnson & Company.
1. Brenna et al. Am J Clin Nutr 2007; 85: 1457-1464.
2. Calculated from data available at the Ross Products website. Ross Product Handbook. Available at: http://www.ross.com/productHandbook/pedNut.asp. Accessed April 21, 2008.
This Product is Available in:
- 32 fl oz Cans
- 2 fl oz Plastic Nursette® Bottles
- 6 fl oz Glass Nursette® Bottles
- 8 fl oz Plastic Bottles
- 13 fl oz Cans
- 8 fl oz Plastic Bottles
Choose Powder, Liquid, or Concentrate?
Use the information below to help figure out which product form is right for you. Please refer to mixing instructions on the product label.
Shake, open, and attach any standard nipple to the disposable bottle. There's no need to add water.
Ready-to-Use (RTU) Cans
Clean the can lid, shake well, open, and pour directly into your baby's bottle. There's no need to add water.
Ready-to-Use (RTU) Plastic Bottles
Shake the bottle well, remove the bottle cap and foil seal, and pour into your baby's bottle. There's no need to add water.
Concentrated Liquid Cans
Clean the can lid, shake well, open, and pour equal parts of formula and water into bottle. Shake or stir well before feeding.
Concentrated Liquid Plastic Bottles
Shake the bottle well, and remove the bottle cap and foil seal. Pour equal amounts of concentrated liquid and water. Shake or stir well before feeding.