Hands-on - 10 min. Simmer - 50 min.
|olive oil||1 T|
|minced garlic||1/2 tsp (1 clove)|
|dried lentils (1/2 pound), rinsed and picked over for stones||1 1/4 cups|
|diced tomatoes, no salt added||1 can (14 1/2 oz)|
|frozen spinach||1 pkg (10 oz)|
|lemon juice||1 T|
|grated lemon peel or 2 tsp red wine vinegar (optional)||1 tsp|
|salt (optional)||1 tsp|
- Chop onions and carrots into bite-size pieces.
- Sauté olive oil and garlic with vegetables in a medium soup pot for 2 minutes.
- Add water and lentils to soup pot. Cover and bring to a boil, then simmer for 45 minutes.
- Take spinach out of freezer to begin thawing. Add to the soup after the 45 minutes of simmering is complete.
- Add lemon juice, lemon peel/red wine vinegar and salt to soup and simmer 5 minutes longer. Serve.
|For 1 1/2 cups (including optional salt)|
|Calories from Fat||11%|
|Saturated Fat||<1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||35 g|