Hands-on - 25 min. Serves 4.
These are delicious! A simple and tasty way to eat salmon, which is so good for you! Serve as burgers on hamburger buns with lettuce and tomato, or serve with a baked potato and green vegetables for a salmon patty dinner.
|red or pink salmon, packed in water,
rinsed and drained (or 2 cups flaked)
|1 can (15 oz)|
|seeded and diced red bell pepper||1/4 cup|
|Miracle Whip Light||3 T|
|lemon juice (bottled or fresh squeezed)||1 tsp|
|Tabasco sauce||4 drops|
|fresh asparagus or green beans||1 bunch|
|hamburger buns (preferably whole-grain)||4|
|watermelon cubes||4 cups|
- In a medium bowl, remove skin from fish and flake with a fork, mashing bones (great calcium).
- Crush the crackers and add to bowl.
- Add the bell pepper, Miracle Whip, lemon juice and Tabasco sauce.
- Mix well. Set aside.
- Snap off asparagus bottoms or ends of green beans and place in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high 7 minutes, until crisp tender.
- Shape the salmon mix into 4 patties.
- Coat a large, nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- Cook salmon cakes, turning once, until lightly browned on each side.
- Assembled the salmon burgers.
- Serve with asparagus and watermelon on the side.
For 1 salmon burger on whole-grain bun,
|Calories from Fat||32%|
|Saturated Fat||2.4 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||42 g|