Preparation: 5 min.
This makes a very special luncheon dish served in 1/2 of a cantaloupe. It’s also great for sprucing up a brown bag lunch.
|pineapple tidbits, in its own juice||1 can (8 oz)|
|Mandarin oranges*||1 can (15 oz)|
|diced, cooked chicken
or turkey or 1 can (10 oz)
white chicken, rinsed and drained
|Miracle Whip Light||1/4 cup|
|nonfat plain yogurt||1/4 cup|
|slivered almonds||1/4 cup|
- Open cans of pineapple and Mandarin oranges and drain. Reserve pineapple juice for later use.
- Place chicken in a medium bowl with the fruit.
- Mix Miracle Whip and yogurt together in a 2 cup measuring cup. Fold into fruit and chicken.
- Gently mix in almonds.
- Use to make a sandwich, stuff a pita, top lettuce greens or fill half a cantaloupe.
- *Try substituting 1 cup of grape halves for variety.
|For 1 cup|
|Calories from Fat||39%|
|Saturated Fat||<1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||19 g|