- Place rice and water in a medium nonstick saucepan.
- Cover, bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to medium-low. Set timer for 5 minutes.
- When timer sounds, remove from heat and allow to sit, covered.
- Cut onion into wedges and chicken into strips.
- Heat oil in a nonstick wok over medium-high heat. Add onion and chicken.
- Stir-fry until chicken is browned.
- Add vegetables to wok (no need to thaw).
- Cook 11 to 13 minutes to desired tenderness. It's ready when the water from the vegetables evaporates.
- Stir in sweet & sour sauce and nuts.
- Let cook 2 more minutes, then serve over brown rice.
*As another option, 12 oz. extra-firm tofu cut into strips works great instead of chicken.
Print the Recipe