Hands-on - 30 min.
Oven - 45-55 min.
Toss out that old recipe that called for 1 cup of oil, because now you have a much healthier alternative, without sacriﬁcing taste!
|Ingredients||1 Loaf||2 Loaves|
|whole-wheat pastry ﬂour*||1½ cup||3 cups|
|baking soda||1/2 tsp||1 tsp|
|baking powder||1/4 tsp||1/2 tsp|
|ground cinnamon||1 tsp||2 tsp|
|each, ground cloves and nutmeg||1/4 tsp||1/2 tsp|
|sugar||3/4 cup||1 1/2 cups|
|skim milk or nonfat plain yogurt||1/4 cup||1/2 cup|
|vanilla extract||1 tsp||2 tsp|
|lemon juice||1 T||2 T|
|lemon extract||1/4 tsp||1/2 tsp|
|shredded zucchini, unpeeled||1 cup||2 cups|
|nuts||1/2 cup||1 cup|
- Preheat oven at 350°.
- Coat 1 or 2 loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Mix together whole-wheat pastry flour, baking soda, baking powder, ground cinnamon, ground cloves and nutmeg in a small or medium bowl.
- Beat together sugar, egg whites, skim milk (or nonfat plain yogurt), vanilla extract, lemon juice and lemon extract in a large bowl.
- Stir zucchini into wet ingredients. Stir in the dry ingredients just until combined.
- Stir in nuts.
- Divide batter evenly between pan(s). Bake 45 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
|For 1 slice (1/12 of loaf)|
|Calories from Fat||22%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||25 g|