Hands-on - 15 min
Delicious and nutritious French Toast!
|skim or 1/2% milk||1T|
|frozen unsweetened blueberries||3 cups|
|whole multi-grain bread||8 slices|
|corn starch||1 tsp|
- Preheat a griddle to medium-high.
- In a wide-bottom bowl, toss egg, egg whites, vanilla, milk and cinnamon lightly with a fork until scrambled.
- Place blueberries in a microwave-safe bowl and cook on high for 4 minutes. Will cook down to about 1 1/2 cups.
- Coat the heated griddle with nonstick cooking spray.
- Dip one bread slice at a time in egg mixture, just until each side is completely coated, and place on hot griddle.
- Cook until brown (about 1-2 minutes) then flip and cook 1 minute on second side.
- While you're cooking the bread slices, stir the corn starch into the warm blueberry liquid. Microwave 2 more minutes, until thick and bubbly.
- Serve two slices of French Toast with approximately 1/3 cup blueberry topping.
|For 2 slices of French Toast with 1/3 cup of blueberry topping|
|Calories from Fat||17%|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||40 g|