Makes approx. 168 servings (4 fl oz bottles)
|Similar to:||Ketonex® -2|
BCAD 2 Metabolic Powder Formula
BCAD 2 Metabolic powder formula is an iron-fortified infant formula & medical food powder that is free of the branched chain amino acids, isoleucine, leucine, and valine.
It’s specially designed for the dietary management of children and adults with maple syrup urine disease (MSUD).
BCAD 2 provides all other essential amino acids, as well as nonessential amino acids, carbohydrates, fat, essential fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals.
- Isoleucine-, leucine-, and valine-free
- 24 g of protein equivalents per 100 g of powder
- Suitable for someone with lactose intolerance
- Pleasant vanilla scent & can be easily enhanced with other flavors
- Mixes easily & stays blended well
- Use under direct & continuing supervision of a doctor.
Get our BCAD 2 Metabolic Powder in the perfect size to fit your needs. BCAD 2 Metabolic Powder is available in 1 lb cans and bulk options including a case of 6.
Nutrients and Ingredients
Normal Dilution; per 100 g Powder
*WARNING: This protein is incomplete since it does not contain the essential amino acids isoleucine, leucine, and valine.
Preparation and Use
Mead Johnson Nutrition BCAD 2 is to be used only in the dietary management of children and adults with documented maple syrup urine disease or other inborn errors of branched chain amino acid metabolism while under direct and continuing medical supervision.
WARNING: This product is nutritionally incomplete. Continuing medical supervision and frequent blood tests are required. BCAD 2 must be supplemented using other food sources of protein and fluid to provide enough isoleucine, leucine and valine to support dietary requirements of children and adults.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PREPARATION AND USE
Your medical professional will provide the correct amount of powder to mix with water for consumption. *
It is important to follow the directions below.
Measure the correct amount of water into a suitable container for mixing. Then add the required amount of BCAD 2. Mix well until blended. Consume the prepared beverage immediately or cover and refrigerate. Use within 48 hours of preparation. Mix before drinking.
*If instructed to use the scoop in the can, each unpacked, level scoop delivers approximately 14.5 g of powder. Store the DRY scoop in this can.
POWDER STORAGE: Store cans at room temperature. After opening can, keep tightly covered, store in a dry area and use contents within 1 month. Do not freeze powder and avoid excessive heat.
Use by date on bottom of can.
WARNING: Not for parenteral (I.V.) use.
Last updated: 2/13/12
Ratings & Reviews
Online sales from Enfamil.com are temporarily suspended, in order to meet the needs of the orders we have already received.
We understand how stressful this is for parents, and fully understand the importance of our role providing the single source of nutrition for many babies. Since the recall by another manufacturer, resources have been added to address the need but unfortunately, the wave of online orders is significant.
For parents who would like to continue to purchase online:
- If you continue to look for online availability through other channels, be sure to buy from a reputable source. Be wary of purchasing from individuals and not corporations.
For parents who prefer to shop at retail outlets (Walmart, Target, CVS, Walgreens, etc):
- Start with our Enfamil.com store locator to search online and in-store availability
- Ask your local store managers what days they expect to receive new shipments
- Try both big box stores and smaller grocery stores you may not normally shop at
- Check with pediatricians for available samples or promotions, as well as alternatives to your current product.
- Be open to different sizes or formats of the brand they normally buy
Metabolic and special medical needs products are available to order on Enfamil.com with a max order quantity of 5 units per product. These products may be eligible for insurance coverage when prescribed. You can ask your doctor to write a prescription and send it to a Home Care or Pharmacy Provider.