Please note: Enfamil.com has select products available. Please use our store locator and visit your preferred retailer if you need help finding a product that is unavailable at this time. See details below
Enfamil.com has select products available at this time in order to meet the needs of the orders we have already received.
We understand how stressful this is for parents, and fully understand the importance of our role providing the single source of nutrition for many babies. Since the recall by another manufacturer, resources have been added to address the need but unfortunately, the wave of online orders is significant.
Please check our website for products available. You can also check for products by using the following resources:
- Start with our Enfamil.com store locator to search online and in-store availability
- Ask your local store managers what days they expect to receive new shipments
- Try both big box stores and smaller grocery stores they may not normally shop at
- Check with pediatricians for available samples or promotions, as well as alternatives to your current product.
- Be open to different sizes or formats of the brand you normally buy
Whether you’re already home with your sweet pea or are preparing to make that exciting milestone transitioning from the NICU, Enfamil preemie formulas are designed to support your baby’s special nutritional needs.
Supporting your baby’s unique needs
Your bundle of joy has already made big strides. Enfamil preemie formula is specially designed to promote their continued catch-up growth and development throughout their first nine months. Our options support the distinct nutritional needs of premature and low-birth-weight infants by providing higher concentrations of the essential nutrients found in our regular infant formula, like protein, calcium, and phosphorus.
And because your little one’s belly is still developing, our preemie baby formula is easy on the tummy.
How much formula should I feed my premature baby?
Typically, bottle-fed newborns drink about 1-2 fl oz of formula every two to three hours but your pediatrician will guide you to what’s best for your premature baby. Remember that every baby is different, and feeding patterns may change by the day. Think slow and steady: Your baby may need more time to feed since they’re still building their sucking and swallowing skills.
What are the best formula options for premature babies?
Your baby is unique, and so are their needs. The best formula for your preemie is one that will support your little one’s specific nutritional requirements so they can grow strong and healthy. Enfamil has a variety of powder and ready-to-use milk-based premature baby formula choices, as well as human milk fortifiers, that have important nutrients for preemies and low-birth-weight babies, such as:
- Omega-3 DHA for brain building nutrition as recommended by experts
- DHA blended with arachidonic acid (ARA) so your baby can get some of the same benefits as they do from nursing
- Calcium, phosphorus, and vitamin D to help support bone growth
- Protein and calories to help babies with catch-up growth
- Fat from medium-chain triglycerides (MCT) oil to help with fat absorption
- Vitamins and minerals to support your baby’s immune system
Let’s fuel your baby’s growth and development.
The newest love of your life is ready to hit their next milestone. Nurture their growth and development with Enfamil preemie formulas. From Enfamil NeuroPro™ EnfaCare®, clinically shown to promote catch-up growth similar to full-term breastfed infants1*, to our other premature formula options, Enfamil has formulas to support the special nutritional needs of your perfect baby.
*When used in a program of Enfamil formulas: Enfamil® Premature, Enfamil EnfaCare, and Enfamil® Infant. Studied before the reformulation of EnfaCare.
- Clandinin MT, Van Aerde JE, Merkel KL, et al. Growth and development of preterm infants fed infant formulas containing docosahexaenoic acid and arachidonic acid. J Pediatr. 2005;146:461-468.