Looking for a simple way to calm your baby? Try swaddling. Swaddled babies might feel more secure so they sleep longer and often cry less. Being swaddled helps prevent babies from startling themselves awake. They also feel snug and warm as if they were back in the womb.
- Spread out a blanket and fold down one corner.
- Place your baby's head above the fold.
- Wrap one side of the blanket over the body, arms inside.
- Tuck it underneath.
- Now fold up from the bottom. Make sure your baby's legs can bend and that the blanket isn't wrapped too tight.
- Finally, wrap the other side of the blanket across the body. Tuck it under. You're done!
Always lay you're bundled baby down on her back. Stop swaddling around two months, just before baby can roll over. Meanwhile, enjoy the extra calm that swaddling can bring.