Portagen is a nutritional powder for children and adults with defects in the intraluminal hydrolysis of fat (decreased pancreatic lipase, decreased bile salts); defective mucosal fat absorption (decreased mucosal permeability, decreased absorptive surface); and/or defective lymphatic transport of fat (ie, intestinal lymphatic obstruction).
- 87% of fat from medium-chain triglycerides
- Corn oil provides linoleic acid
- Portagen powder is not nutritionally complete. If used long term, supplementation of essential fatty acids and ultra-trace minerals should be considered.
- Portagen is not recommended for use as an infant formula.
- Mixes easily and stays in suspension well