Morning sickness is a common occurrence among pregnant women. Enfamil® has created a list of tips to provide you with morning sickness relief.
Fact: You are more likely to experience morning sickness if you're pregnant with more than one baby.
Fact: Morning sickness includes nausea, queasiness and/or vomiting.
Fact: More than 2/3 of pregnant women experience some type of morning sickness.
Fact: Morning sickness can occur at any time of day.
Fact: Some researchers believe morning sickness is caused by a rise in hormone levels.
Fact: You should call your doctor if your nausea or vomiting is severe...you can't keep fluids down, have a small amount of dark urine, are dizzy or faint, have a racing heart beat, or are vomiting blood.
Here are some tips for coping with your morning sickness:
- Keep crackers by the bed, so you can eat some before you get up.
- Get out of bed slowly.
- Eat light meals and snack throughout the day.
- Avoid an empty stomach.
- Drink lots of water or other fluids.
- Avoid odors that bother you.
- If you're nauseous, try crackers, toast, applesauce or bananas.
- Try sipping on bubbly or sweet cold drinks.