- 14 weeks pregnant is which trimester? Second trimester
- How many weeks of pregnancy are left? 26 weeks
- How many months is 14 weeks pregnant? You’re in your fourth month.
One of the most exciting things about pregnancy is how many changes you’ll experience with your little one over the span of just seven days! Here are some tips and tricks to keep on top of all that’s happening.
Your baby at 14 weeks pregnant
What’s happening in there
- Your baby is the size of a peach.
- You’re officially in the second week of the second trimester.
- The countdown continues: You’ve got 26 weeks to go!
What happens during the 14th week of pregnancy?
- Everything is peachy: A 14-week fetus is the size of a peach, and just like a peach, there’s a fine layer of hair growing on the skin called lanugo, which will disappear by the time of birth.
- Doubling down: In the past couple of weeks, your baby just doubled in weight, and that growth spurt is about to really take off.
- All the small things: By week 14, your child’s sex organs are fully developed, with ovarian follicles (in girls) and the prostate (in boys) formed along with a fully matured thyroid gland, which is producing thyroid hormones. The thyroid plays an essential role in metabolism—regulating the energy body cells need to work together to keep the heart beating strong, the brain maturing, and much more.
- Baby’s working too: The spleen, which will eventually be responsible for filtering red blood cells and creating white blood cells to help fight infections, has begun forming red blood cells.
What should I be feeling at 14 weeks pregnant?
- You will probably feel like you’re being pushed around a bit internally. As your baby grows, your intestines and internal organs will be moved around to accommodate your mini-me.
- You will start to gain more weight. You can still safely work out to maintain a healthy regimen as your little one grows.
How big is your baby at 14 weeks pregnant?
14 Weeks Pregnant
|Baby Weight||1.5 ounces|
|Baby Length||3.5 inches|
|Baby Size||Comparable to a navel orange or a woman’s fist|
Week 14 pregnancy symptoms
During week 14 of pregnancy, your body is changing quickly. As your baby grows, you will too, and there are certain pregnancy symptoms you may experience at this time.
9 common week 14 pregnancy symptoms
- There are some nice side effects that you may experience, like an increased sex drive and thick, lustrous hair.
- You’re probably feeling a burst of energy. Use it to go outside, get some fresh air, and exercise.
- That growing tummy is growing hungry. Your appetite is probably increasing around now. When reaching for the fridge, remember to eat foods that are good for you and your baby.
- Your muscles and ligaments may be hurting. That little cutie inside you just doubled in weight and is demanding more space, so that movement and growth is stretching your muscles and ligaments.
- Your breasts shouldn’t hurt as much this week, but they are going to keep growing as you get closer to birth.
- Higher blood volume may cause visible veins, and increased pressure from the uterus can lead to varicose veins.
- A thin, whitish discharge will continue throughout your pregnancy. You may also experience some itching.
- Thanks to pregnancy hormones, you may notice skin changes ranging from that bright “pregnancy glow” to chloasma, temporary brownish facial blotches commonly called the “mask of pregnancy.”
- The transition from bloated-looking to belly bump is happening now.