IN THIS ARTICLE – At this stage of your journey, new developments are beginning to unfold. Check out this week-by-week guide to find out what’s in store for your baby and your body in week 8 of pregnancy.
Your baby at 8 weeks pregnant | Week 8 pregnancy symptoms | 3 expert tips for a healthy and safe pregnancy | Week 8 checklist: How to plan your pregnancy
- 8 weeks pregnant is which trimester? First trimester
- How many weeks of pregnancy are left? 32 weeks
- How many months is 8 weeks pregnant? You’re in your second month.
With week 7 of your pregnancy complete, you’re on week 8. Enjoy it, as week 9 is on the horizon!
One of the most exciting things about pregnancy is how many changes you’ll experience with your little one over the span of just 7 days! Here’s some tips and tricks to keep on top of all that’s happening.
Your baby at 8 weeks pregnant
What's happening in there
- Your baby is the size of a raspberry.
- You’re officially at the end of the second month.
- The countdown continues: you’ve got 32 weeks to go!
What happens during the 8th week of pregnancy?
- Up and running: All those little systems are now officially developing.
- This will get you thinking: Did you know that your baby’s cerebral cortex is forming? It’s the center of the brain that handles higher order functions like information processing. The neurons (brain cells) are growing at a rapid rate to form up with the nervous system.
- Stretch: That little tadpole is now stretching out as the arms and lengthen, and tiny fingers and toes form out of the webbing of the little hands and feet.
- Baby's working hard: The tiny heart in there is now beating 150 times a minute, or almost double your heart rate.
How big is your baby at 8 weeks pregnant?
|8 Weeks Pregnant|
Comparable to a raspberry
Week 8 pregnancy symptoms
During week 8 of pregnancy, your body is changing quickly. As your baby grows, you will too, and there are certain pregnancy symptoms you may experience at this time.
6 common week 8 pregnancy symptoms
- You may feel a little puffy and bloated.
- There may be some spotting or light bleeding.
- You will probably experience some lucid dreams.
- The nauseating symptoms of morning sickness are here. Try ginger, vitamin B6 and even acupressure bracelets to help relieve the nausea.
- Your breasts and nipples are still growing and will be tender, with the nipples darkening.
- You have a heightened sense of smell—which can be good or may put you off some of your favorite foods.
3 expert tips for a healthy and safe pregnancy
Being 8 weeks pregnant is an important time for you and your baby. Here’s some more expert-recommended advice on how to adjust to this new stage and keep you and your baby safe.
- Ask your doctor to weigh in: It’s healthy to only gain between one and five pounds in your first-trimester. If you want to know what is healthy for your size, speak to your doctor.
- Surprise: How are you going to drop your big news? Have you got a creative announcement in mind? It might keep your mind off of those symptoms.
- Aches and pains: If you’re experiencing head and neck aches, it may be from the extra weight and change in posture. You can still take acetaminophen.
Week 8 checklist: How to plan your pregnancy
Knowing what to do week-by-week can help you feel prepared and alleviate stress. Add these new items to your to-do list this week. You’ve got this, mama!
Go shopping for some cute maternity wear
Change up your exercise routine
Think about a fun way to announce your pregnancy
Learn more about your pregnancy, including pregnancy planning and pregnancy nutrition to feel prepared to continue this magical adventure. You’re armed with the facts, what to do, and now you can take time to connect with the little one growing inside you.
With week 7 in the rearview mirror and week 8 going strong, look to the future and what's coming up in week 9!
Join Enfamil Family Beginnings
It’s your 8th week of pregnancy, and you and your baby are experiencing exciting changes every day. Prepare for your new arrival with help from Enfamil Family Beginnings. It’s the perfect resource for new and expecting moms. Save on Enfamil products, track your bump and baby’s growth, and get helpful articles each week relevant to your journey. Join now for up to $400 in free gifts.