IN THIS ARTICLE – At this stage of your journey, new developments are beginning to unfold. Check out this week-by-week guide to find out what’s in store for your baby and your body in week 15 of pregnancy.
Your baby at 15 weeks pregnant | Week 15 pregnancy symptoms | 3 expert tips for a healthy and safe pregnancy | Week 15 checklist: How to plan your pregnancy | Join Enfamil Family Beginnings
- 15 weeks pregnant is which trimester? Second trimester
- How many weeks of pregnancy are left? 25 weeks
- How many months is 15 weeks pregnant? You’re four months pregnant.
With week 14 of your pregnancy complete, you’re on week 15. Enjoy it, as week 16 is on the horizon!
One of the most exciting things about pregnancy is how many changes you’ll experience with your little one over the span of just 7 days! Here’s some tips and tricks to keep on top of all that’s happening.
Your baby at 15 weeks pregnant
What's happening in there
- Your baby is the size of a pear.
- You’re in month four, with five months left.
- The countdown continues: you’ve got 25 weeks to go!
What happens during the 15th week of pregnancy?
- You've got a little fuzzball growing: Hair is beginning to appear with the growth of your baby’s eyelashes, eyebrows, and a tiny amount on their head.
- I see you, baby: The skin is developing, but it's so translucent that you can see the blood vessels just below the surface.
- Bust a move: Your baby is getting active in there. They’re able to move their arms, wrists, head, hands, and feet, and wiggle their fingers and toes.
- Take a deep breath: Your baby can now make breathing movements, suckle, and swallow.
Where is my baby at 15 weeks in my stomach?
Your baby’s current home is the amniotic sac in your uterus. The uterus begins about four or five inches below your navel. At 15 weeks, it weighs approximately 8.5 ounces. You’ll be able to tell exactly where your little one is once you begin feeling those first flutters of your baby’s movement, which could kick in within the next few weeks.
How big is your baby at 15 weeks pregnant?
|15 Weeks Pregnant|
Comparable to a pear
Week 15 pregnancy symptoms
During week 15 of pregnancy, your body is changing quickly. As your baby grows, you will too, and there are certain pregnancy symptoms you may experience at this time.
8 common week 15 pregnancy symptoms
- Along with pregnancy brain, you may experience headaches and dizziness
- As your body changes, varicose veins may appear in your legs.
- If you’ve noticed you’re getting short of breath, it could be because organs are pressing against your lungs as your body makes room for the little one.
- The extra blood pumping throughout your body could cause nosebleeds and swollen gums.
- While you may be over morning sickness, you might still be dealing with heartburn.
- You may continue to feel pain around the groin and lower sides of your belly as your muscles and ligaments stretch to support your expanding uterus.
- Say goodbye to many of the uncomfortable first trimester symptoms, and welcome back to your appetite and your libido.
- If you’re not showing yet, you could be any day now. Many moms, especially first-time moms, don’t have an obvious baby bump until week 16.
3 expert tips for a healthy and safe pregnancy
Being 15 weeks pregnant is an important time for you and your baby. Here’s some more expert-recommended advice on how to adjust to this new stage and keep you and your baby safe.
- Take a walk in someone else's shoes: Your body’s growing and you’ll experience some fluid retention, so try a pair of slip-on shoes in one size (or even two sizes) bigger than you usually wear.
- Don't skip out on breakfast: Your body and baby need it.
- Healthy foods: By now, you’re gaining 1 to 2 pounds per week, so ensure you’re eating the right foods for a healthy baby.
Week 15 checklist: How to plan your pregnancy
Knowing what to do week-by-week can help you feel prepared and alleviate stress. Add these new items to your to-do list this week. You’ve got this, mama!
Schedule any upcoming screenings and tests
Treat yourself to some comfortable new shoes
Think about who’s coming to your baby shower
Learn more about your pregnancy, including pregnancy planning and pregnancy nutrition to feel prepared to continue this magical adventure. You’re armed with the facts, what to do, and now you can take time to connect with the little one growing inside you.
With week 14 in the rearview mirror and week 15 going strong, look to the future and what's coming up in week 16!
Join Enfamil Family Beginnings
It’s your 15th week of pregnancy, and you and your baby are experiencing exciting changes every day. Prepare for your new arrival with help from Enfamil Family Beginnings. It’s the perfect resource for new and expecting moms. Save on Enfamil products, track your bump and baby’s growth, and get helpful articles each week relevant to your journey. Join now for up to $400 in free gifts.