Preparation: 15 min. Oven: 35 min. Serves 12.
|(12 oz each) frozen blueberries, thawed or
2 pints fresh blueberries, washed and drained
|orange juice||1/2 cup|
|whole-wheat pastry flour||1 cup|
|baking powder||1 tsp|
|lemon, orange or almond extract (optional)||1/4 tsp|
|fat-free vanilla ice cream||4 cups|
- Preheat oven at 375°.
- Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread blueberries in baking dish (allow frozen berries to thaw partially.)
- Sprinkle sugar on top.
- Mix together orange juice, whole-wheat pastry flour, sugar, baking powder, egg whites and lemon, orange or almond extract in a medium bowl.
- Drop 12 equal spoonfuls on top of blueberries in 3 rows of 4.
- Sprinkle sugar over dough.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until cake is lightly browned.
- Take out of oven. Serve warm with 1/3 cup scoop of fat-free vanilla ice cream or yogurt. Yummm!
|For 1/12 recipe, with 1/3 cup ice cream|
|Calories from Fat||3%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||36 g|