Preparation: 15 min. Oven: 35 min. Serves 12.
This recipe, amazingly, contains no fat. It’s super easy to make and delicious. Don’t feel guilty eating it for breakfast either. It’s just as nutritious as toast with jam and fruit!
|(12 oz each) frozen blueberries, thawed or
2 pints fresh blueberries, washed and drained
|orange juice||1/2 cup|
|whole-wheat pastry flour||1 cup|
|baking powder||1 tsp|
|lemon, orange or almond extract (optional)||1/4 tsp|
|fat-free vanilla ice cream||4 cups|
- Preheat oven at 375°.
- Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread blueberries in baking dish (allow frozen berries to thaw partially.)
- Sprinkle sugar on top.
- Mix together orange juice, whole-wheat pastry flour, sugar, baking powder, egg whites and lemon, orange or almond extract in a medium bowl.
- Drop 12 equal spoonfuls on top of blueberries in 3 rows of 4.
- Sprinkle sugar over dough.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until cake is lightly browned.
- Take out of oven. Serve warm with 1/3 cup scoop of fat-free vanilla ice cream or yogurt. Yummm!
|For 1/12 recipe, with 1/3 cup ice cream|
|Calories from Fat||3%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||36 g|