Hands-on - 30 min.
Oven - 30 min.
|vanilla extract||1 tsp|
|unsweetened cocoa powder||3 T|
- Preheat oven at 250°.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with wax paper.
- Place egg whites and salt in medium bowl. Whip with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add 1/2 cup of the sugar to egg whites while constantly whipping.
- Combine water and vanilla extract in a cup. Add to mix, a few drops at a time, alternating with the remaining 1/2 cup sugar while constantly whipping.
- Flake cocoa powder with a fork to break clumps. Sift if necessary. Fold completely into mix.
- Place bite-size rounded teaspoons (not tablespoons) of batter onto the wax paper-lined sheets.
- Bake approximately 30 minutes. They will be dry on the outside, but moist and lava-like on the inside. They will retain their shape. (If they become completely dry like Styrofoam, they are overbaked.)
- While kisses are still hot, remove from wax paper and place on a wire rack so they will not stick.
- After cooling, store kisses in an airtight container.
|For 1 cookie|
|Calories from Fat||0%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g|