Hands-on - 5 min. Serves 2.
You’ll never say "Where’s the meat?" when eating this delicious super-fast vegetarian sandwich. Just stop by the specialty section of your grocery store deli for prepared tabouli and hummus, and a package of lavash.
|10" lavash flat bread* or flour tortilla||1|
|ready-made hummus||1/4 cup|
|ready-made tabouli||1/4 cup|
|Romaine lettuce leaves, whole or chopped||10|
|Alfalfa or bean sprouts (optional)||1 cup|
|tomatoes, chopped||2 lg|
|red-tipped lettuce leaves or purple kale (optional)||10|
- Lay out on a flat surface.
- Pile hummus and tabouli in a long row, side by side on lavash or tortilla.
- Add lettuce generously.
- Add sprouts and tomatoes as desired.
- Starting from the edge of a long side, roll it up. Cut in half. If eating later, wrap in plastic wrap.
- To eat as a sandwich: peel back a few inches of plastic wrap, eat.
- To eat as an appetizer, let "set" in the refrigerator for 2 or 3 hours. Then remove the plastic wrap. Cut the rolls into 1" slices, using a sawing motion.
- Serve cut side up on a platter garnished with red-tipped lettuce or purple kale.
*Find lavash (sometimes spelled lawash) in the deli or bakery section of your grocery store. It's a large, flat bread like a tortilla.
|For half roll-up|
|Calories from Fat||28%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||29 g|