|firmly packed brown sugar||1/2 cup|
|vanilla extract||2 T|
|bananas (about 5)||3 cups|
|canola oil||2 T|
|whole-wheat pastry ﬂour*||3 cups|
|baking soda||2 tsp|
|coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)||2/3 cup|
|ground flax seed (optional)||1/2 cup|
- Preheat oven at 350°.
- Coat 2 loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Mix together brown sugar, egg whites and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl.
- Mash bananas (I use a food processor). Stir into mixture.
- Add canola oil to mixture and stir.
- Place whole-wheat pastry flour, baking soda and salt in a sifter and sift over mixture (or place in a separate bowl and use a fork to equally distribute the salt and soda). Stir together thoroughly with the wet ingredients.
- Stir walnuts and flax seed into batter.
- Divide batter evenly between the pans (loaves will not be high).
- Bake 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
|For 1 slice, including ground flax seed (1/12 of loaf)|
|Calories from Fat||27%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||23 g|