Your baby is kicking up a storm! What’s the kick frequency you should expect about now?
Mom's Tip of the Week
Did you know...?
Journaling can bring you and your baby joy. When you’re feeling anxious, research has shown that journaling is a great way to find calm. You can keep separate journals of your worries (just for you to release) and your excitement to meet your baby (to share with your child as he grows).
Your Baby at 29 Weeks Pregnant
What's Happening in There
- Your baby at 29 weeks weighs about 2 1/2 pounds and measures almost 17 inches from head to toe.
- He's filling out nicely. That wrinkly skin will soon smooth out. As he plumps up between now and his birth, your baby will easily double if not triple his weight.
- He's kicking more than ever. At 29 weeks pregnant, you should be feeling movement 10 times in a two‐hour time span. (If not, call the doctor.) He’s excited about all his newfound skills and wants to show them off in utero.
- His bones are fully developed. Make sure you keep them strong by eating calcium‐rich foods.
- His permanent teeth are budding. By the time you’re 29 weeks pregnant, the baby teeth that formed weeks ago will have developed dentin and enamel and will be hardening; at the same time, permanent tooth buds are developing. You likely won’t see either set at birth, though—most infants don’t cut their baby teeth until they are between 4 and 7 months old.
Baby Brain Waves
Your Baby’s Brain Is Developing
Your baby’s got personality! Even though it will be months before his unique traits are evident to you, your baby’s brain developments today are setting the stage for who he will become. In fact, some of his current behaviors may be giving you a peek into his future: Is your baby full of energetic flips and kicks? Or does he tend to be more gentle and quiet when he moves? Jot down these clues in your baby book and see if they predict how active he’ll be as a child.
Real Issues, Real Solutions
The issue: During your third trimester, you might have feelings of anxiety about the big day.
The solution: Childbirth classes can help you have an easier third trimester, delivery, and transition to motherhood.
More Info You Might Find Helpful